Terms & Conditions
- Once a deposit has been paid for a short-term holiday rental, a contract has been made between N A & L M Tudge, owners of Ashford Farm Cottages (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) in the following booking conditions. UK law will govern the Contract. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking and must provide his/her name, address and the number of adults and children in the party.
- Bookings are confirmed on receipt the deposit of the amount specified on the booking form. The deposit must be paid within one week of the booking being placed and the deposit is non-refundable. The balance of the rental will be due on arrival for the holiday. No entry to properties will be allowed without payment in full begin paid. Once you have a confirmed booking, (for clarity when you have paid the deposit), you are responsible for the full rental cost even if you subsequently cancel.
- Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and confirmed in writing, at least four weeks prior to the start date to give us time to re-sell your holiday. If we are able to re-let your booking we will not charge you the balance of the holiday, but if we are unable to re-let you will still be responsible for the full rental cost.
- Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but we strongly recommend such insurance to protect against cancellation costs. Details of a suitable insurance will be sent with the booking form and a link is shown at the bottom of our e-mails.
- If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, death, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure”) you will be refunded the full amount of the deposit. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the fee paid based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
- Arrival time: you should not arrive before 3.00 pm on the start date unless a prior arrangement has been made. You should leave by 10.00 am on the day departure. Failure to do so may result in you being charged a further day’s rental, especially is you delay the preparation of the cottage for the next guests. You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period. The agreement is to stay in the property for the holiday period and does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
- Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated on the Ashford Farm Cottages web site (www.ashfordfarms.co.uk) occupy the property. That is five persons in Threshers, four in Well Meadow and six in The Old Bull Pen. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Any persons other than members of your party must not use the facilities at Ashford Farm Cottages unless prior permission has been requested and approved by us.
- Liability: Norman & Lynda Tudge and their representatives of Ashford Farm Cottages shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property how so ever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
- Care of the property: you are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of these furniture, pictures, fittings and effects , in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties. Smoking is not allowed in any of the properties.
- Breakage and damage: you are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs as necessary.
- Wifi is provided for the guest;’s reasonable use. It is rural broadband and has limitations. The guest agrees to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
- We shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Complaints: every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, please let us know immediately to give us a chance to resolve it. We live onsite and will do our best to rectify any problem.
- Data Privacy Statement: We treat any data collected during the course of making bookings or dealing with enquiries in strict confidence. Your data will never be sold. As members of Premier Cottages (a marketing collective of the best four and five star cottages in the UK) we have agreed to supply to Premier Cottages Ltd the names, postal and email address of all guests booking with us or proposing to book with us during the previous year, in order that these guests/potential guests may be sent a Premier Cottages brochure and sent promotional emails from time to time. By accepting these terms and conditions you are indicating your consent to receiving these communications from us unless you let us know otherwise, which you can do at the point of booking by ticking the box at the bottom of the booking form, near the signature box. If at any time you would like your details removed from this list all you need do is to click the unsubscribe link on any of the emails or contact us on email@example.com and we will arrange for you to be removed from the database.
- Sally Loach (For the Love of Food) will provide catering to the cottages on request, but this is a private arrangement between Sally Loach and you, the holidaymaker and does not involve the owners/representatives of Ashford Farm Cottages in any way.
Welcome To Ashford Farm Cottages
Norman & Lynda Tudge